Thursday, October 11, 2012

Hexagons–Hexagogo–Union Jack Quilt

I recently bought this book Hexagogo written by Tacha Bruecehr and it arrived from Amazon in my mail box on Monday.  If like me your into hexagons at the moment, then this is a must buy.  I cannot recommend this book enough.  If you thought hexagons were a little bit old fashioned, then check this book out, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.  There are some absolutely stunning quilt projects in this book. 

 

Hexa-Go-Go: English Paper Piecing  16 Quilt Projects

My favourite has to be the Union Jack Quilt. So much so that I have stopped basting hexagons for my English Flower Garden Quilt and decided to concentrate on making the Union Jack quilt from the book instead.

DSC00701DSC00702

I have made a start! But my oh my there are so many hexagons required for this project, 500+ springs to mind. It might take me a little while. I have done 50 so far.

DSC00703DSC00704

The difficult thing is I need many different shades of red, white and blue and my stash is limited in these colours at the moment, I do have some scraps left over from my first quilt which was also red white and blue and I have been using them so far. If anyone wants to send me any scraps then please do get in touch, and you can become a part of this BIG quilt!!

And if doing this quilt isn't enough I have decided once that is complete I will be making the stars and stripes quilt too.  But you know how it is I will have other WIP going on at the same time!  Who knows how long it will take, but I am determined to get this quilt made.

5 comments:

  1. I got that book a month or so ago too, the projects are lovely! The number of hexagons in some of them is mind-boggling though, you are one brave woman :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again. It's Michele from www.sewsweetvintage.com
    Wow , these colors are soooo cool! I love the place mat inside the book too. I posted lacey ghost pumpkin to the party:) Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is going to be fabulous! Cant wait to see it completed. Thanx for coming to THT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These colors are beautiful! I am waiting for the next pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought that book a couple of months ago too. I love the projects in them. That's a lot of hexies, I agree, you are very brave

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...