Yesterday was a fun day for me. I managed to do a little bit of stash shopping and added some more fabrics to my little pile of fat quarters that I am collecting for my next project. This is my whole collection so far. Surprisingly, green is my least favourite colour, but I really like the combination of aqua and green. So I thought I would give it a go and see how it all turns out.
I had a fun time and this is what I got up to. This was an interesting technique that I have never seen done or read about before. I cut out the leaf template from some myler sheet and then used that to cut out my material, I then positioned the myler template on the cut out leaf and dabbed spray starch onto the seam allowance and ironed it over the template. I am not sure if this makes sense, so I will upload a little tutorial soon. This made sure that the leaf had a really neat crisp edge.
Next lesson will be the actual sewing part, I am not looking forward to that part as my hand sewing is certainly not the neatest.