Monday, January 6, 2014

Single Wedding Star Mini Block


I managed to do a little bit of sewing at the weekend.
I made another infinity scarf. The fabric is a knit fabric so comes on the bolt much wider than quilting cottons so I actually had enough fabric to make two! I am a little addicted to infinity scarves at the moment thanks to my friend Cindy who showed me how to make them when  I went on my quilting retreat in November.  They are so easy to make and this scarf took about 20 minutes to make!
IMG_2289

I made a teeny tiny Single Wedding Ring Block.   I could not believe how small it turned out!
See for yourself.  I plan to make three more blocks and make a mini to decorate the walls of my sewing room.

IMG_2291
You can find the free pattern to make the block on Hopes blog When Inspiration Strikes. 

At the moment we are experiencing the coldest weather in Minnesota in over a decade.  It is –19F (-31C) so extremely cold but add the wind chill to that and according to Accuweather it a RealFeel of 41C.  I will not be going anywhere today and may try and sneak in a little bit of sewing!
IMG_2293

So did you manage to sew at the weekend.  I would love to see what you made so leave a comment so I can check out your blog and see what you made.






6 comments:

  1. Your teeny tiny block is so cute! My friend Emily, mommysnaptime, loves to do tiny piecing, too! I'm home today from school with a cold weather day, and so far I've only sewn a couple seams… finding it hard to get motivated. I hope to finish up a couple pillow tops and maybe even get them put together, but we'll see :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crikey! that is one tiny block Sam! Have never tried making an infinity scarf but I think I might give them a go this year. Still plodding away trying to finish up another BOM so that I can start something new :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, I can't imagine how COLD it is there!! Stay warm, stay safe!

    Love the adorable mini block, and I want to try it, too! Adding to the list...

    Love your infinity scarf. I knitted one last year... I'm not a knitter, but it was easy and turned out great and I love wearing it. Somehow, I feel stylish when I wear a scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a thing for Infinity Scarves too, I made my last one from the remnant of a fleecy blanket used to back a Throw quilt. It is so soft and snugly and keeps me warm and toasty. I am sewing blocks for some quilts to donate, I found fabrics that I could not remember buying when i went through my stash. I have decided to buy no more until at least 4 quilts are finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so cute Sam! I like the idea of mini quilts decorating the walls of your sewing room. I think Camille is setting a trend.
    I broke my elbow on Sunday (ice skating with the kids), I might not be sewing for a while ��.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! You made the mini block. So cute. I can't wait to see the mini quilt. Have fun, stay warm.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...