Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Swooning over my 1st Swoon Block

So on my to do list for this year is to complete a Swoon Quilt, yes I got on the bandwagon and I am going to enjoy the ride, even if I was a little bit late!
What can I say, I am loving this block, its massive!

DSC02272For those people that like details, the patterned fabrics used in the above block are: Lemon Grove in grey c8606 Starburst and  Lemon Grove  leaves  C8609, Designed by Alice Kennedy for Timeless Treasures,
I was going to use grey for my background but they were all out of grey at the LQS so I went with Konna White instead, Wow there is 4+ yards of just white fabric for the blocks! and sashing!!!
It took me a while to cut the white out! and I am cutting the patterned fabrics for the blocks as I go. 
Here is a reminder of the fabric I will be using
DSC02282DSC02283
I made a start last weekend cutting out and was eager to start sewing.  So I did a little bit of sewing and then found out my sewing machine did not want to play!!! So with the help of dh we got it sewing fine (it took us a good couple of hours), and then again it started to have a paddy! So on Wednesday I took it to the sewing machine hospital!
Now what I didn’t tell you is my machine is 20 years old! It has only had about 5 hours total sewing time!  I got this machine for my fist Christmas present from my husband on our first Christmas together.  At the time I had made a throw away comment about wanting a sewing machine so he went out and bought the best machine he could find at the time! which was so sweet of him, but my experience in sewing did not match the level of the machine and it just scared the e b jeebies out of me and so I never really sewed on it until we came to the US.  It’s a Pfaff 1475 CD and according to the man at the sewing shop, todays equivalent would set me back a mere $6000, so its here to stay.  The one thing I love about Pfaff machines are their dual feed, it makes sewing so much easier.
So imagine this its been moved from one country to another, we lived in Germany when he first bought it for me and then moved home to the UK so I had to use an adaptor for the wattage, then when we moved to the US and  I had to buy a big transformer, that weighs a ton so that we can make the power stronger.  So this is the downside of having this machine.  However this machine is fantastic and was the machine back in 1992! you could link it up to your computer and do all sorts of amazing wonderful things, not that I ever did as it was just to complicated for me, which is a real shame as even now it is capable of so much more, I just don’t know how to use it to its full capacity and as it is so old there are no forums for this machine, but I love it all the same and  now it has been fixed it does the job and sews perfectly.

2 comments:

  1. I really love your fabric choices and your resolve to do a swoon. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!!! Your swoon is awesome! Glad your machine is working!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...