Monday, April 1, 2013

Tula - VW Tula Pink Pillow

Last weekend I went to my LQS where Tula Pink was doing a presentation on her quilts.  I got to see some absolutely gorgeous quilts and she explained her design process from drawing to the actual fabric being printed.

7677_10151501313017210_1971514641_n261232_10151501316337210_1791315124_n540146_10151501313247210_2109808048_n

I also got to see her City Sampler quilt that features in her new book  100 Modern Quilt Blocks, which comes out in May,she also had a different colour version to the one on the front cover on the book, they are both gorgeous and I have already ordered my copy of the book.

The local shop also made up some kits for her VW Pillow, so I bought one and I finished making it the other day.  I am loving this pillow and plan on making a couple more of them.  If you want to make one yourself the pattern is free online, just Google it.

DSC02427

6 comments:

  1. I love your pillow! It turned out great! I wish I had a kit for it. That would help me get it done! I also want to make her anchor quilt for my brother, who has a lake cabin, sometime. That would be awesome for him. How great you got to go to her trunk show. Totally jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And your dogs in your header are gorgeous. I used to have a beautiful yellow lab who looked like the one on the left in you header. I miss her so.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the campervan pillow.

    Can definitely see why you have pre-ordered the book, her quilts are always gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! How fun that you got to go! I love her anchor quilt, and your minibus pillow turned out so cute! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing experience. I love the VW pillow. You did a great job, it is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm envious of your day learning from Tula! She's so inventive, I want to be her when I grow up!
    I love the VW pillow, thanks for sharing about it! My sisters and I are very sentimental about the VW van and bug we grew up with. I think I'll have to make this pillow for Christmas gifts!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...