Monday, September 17, 2007

GROUND HOG DAY


On Friday I was sat on the deck just watching the world go by and I noticed this thing move at the bottome of the slope. I went and got the binoculars to take a closer look and saw this fury little fat animal. I had not idea what I was looking at but it sure did look like it had been eating too much!!!


Anyway I did a little bit of research and evenutally found out that it was a Groundhog/Woodchuck/landbeaver. They are really cute and I sit and watch them for ages or they sit and watch me!!!! For those of you that read my blog and haven't got a clue what I am talking about this is one, how cute are they.
The range of animals we get in our garden is amzing. Thats one of the great things about living here. We have deer, squirrels, rabbits and snakes! Apparently there are cayote around but I haven't seen any yet. In England we would get the odd hedgehog and that was about it, so to have deer in the garden is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...