Monday, November 4, 2013

Sweet Dreams

For some of you this might be old news but I have not really been able to write about it.

I am sad to post that we had to say goodbye to my sweet, gorgeous pup on October 12.

It would have been his 8th birthday tomorrow.

When we emigrated to the US in 2007, Murphy followed us 1 weeks later.  He was part of our family and there was no way we were going to leave him behind.  So we arranged flights for him and a week later my husband collected him from the Airport, he was a little shocked by the flight, but after a couple of months he forgot all about it.

If your a regular reader, you will know we just moved only 3 months ago, and during the house buying and selling process he got extremely sick, he then picked up after we started to treat him for Addisons disease (incidentally the same treatment for dogs with cancer).  We did not know at the time but he had cancer, the last 2 months he had 10 acres to run around and fetch his frisbee and chase after us on the ATV.  Those last 2 months were so precious, I did not know he had cancer, so I am thankful for the time I had with him, without the burden of knowing he did not have long left.  I am thankful for that. A week after him not eating again, we saw a new vet, and she was able to diagnose him correctly, something the old vet was not able to do and completely dismissed the swollen lymph nodes we pointed out as fatty tissue.

Sweet dreams Murphy





[murph%255B3%255D.png]
Such a sweet and handsome boy
Receiving lots of love and kisses from Milly

Having fun in the snow


I was here first, and she insists on sitting on me!


6 comments:

  1. He was a beautiful big boy. At least you have all those beautiful memories to cherish. It is difficult loosing a member of our family. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hughs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful boy! I do know how you feel. I am an animal lover, especially of dogs, and have had to say "good bye" more times then I care to count. Each one brought a something special and unique to our family. Each one made our family stronger. I'm so glad Murphy had you to love him as much as you do. So many dogs don't get that luxury. xoxox to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss. Dogs bring so much to our lives, and it looks like you brought a lot of love into his.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear this Sam it is so hard to say goodbye but at least you had somr good time together in the new home ...............thinking of you all x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. He was so handsome. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending you another virtual pack of biccies and a hot cup of Yorkshire, big hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...